Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Things

I figured I'd put this on here as well as facebook.  Here goes:  25 things about me.  

1. I have curly hair. This is fairly obvious. But it wasn't curly until I was about 9. My mom used to french braid my hair at night so it would be curly in the morning. Little did I know. Be careful what you wish for!!

2. I'm a really picky eater. Really. The list of foods I don't like is long. It doesn't fit on the back of an envelope. I do love peanut butter though. On carrots, on celery, on apples, on bananas, on chocolate, on spoons...

3. Along those lines, I only drink three things: milk, water, and orange juice. Certain foods go with certain beverages. Peanut butter and chocolate go with milk. As does pizza. I don't know why. Cheerios do NOT go with milk. Gross. I have to drink OJ with Cheerios.  Not in the bowl, just along side. Again, don't ask me why.

4. One of my goals is to visit all 50 states. So far I think I'm up to 26. I'm making progress. I plan to go to South Carolina before I move back to Texas.  That will make 27.  

5. I'm the youngest of all my first cousins on both sides.

6. At one time or another, all of my first cousins have lived in California. I don't think they all ever lived there at the same time though.

7. I like books. A lot. It's a little bit of a sickness. I predict that I will never have enough bookshelves wherever I live.

8. I enjoy making lists. I always have a notebook for my lists. I also have a list of lists that I want to make. Yikes.

9. I loved the semester I lived in London. Best semester ever. I miss it and want to go back soon!

10. When I was in England, I spent my Spring Break in Ireland and visited family. We even got to visit the house that my great grandfather was born in. I also rode in the bucket of a tractor with my dad, my stepmom, and my Katie. There were cows.

11. Katie and I also spent a weekend with my mom's cousin in Wales.  We visited the church where my grandparents were married and saw the house where my grandmother grew up.  Charles and Camilla got married that weekend. We watched the hats on TV.

12. Another weekend while we were there we all took a class trip to Paris. It should have just taken a couple of hours to get from London to Paris on the train, but we got stuck in the chunnel. The train broke down and had to be pushed out by another train. Fun times. We were on that train for almost 8 hours. I felt bad for all the other people on the train.  We were loud Americans.  And there were a lot of us.  

13. My middle name is Deneen--which is my grandmother's maiden name.

14. My freshman year of college, I had a Texas flag on my ceiling. It moved to various other walls throughout the rest of college.

15. I have 8 nieces and nephews. The oldest is 8 and the youngest is almost 11 months. A few months ago, it was really fun to say that I had 8 nieces and nephews and the oldest was 8 and the youngest was 8 months because I really like the number 8. I think I told people that Colleen was 8 months old for almost 3 months. 

16. I really like the number 8. I think it started in 1st grade when we were practicing writing numbers and I was proud that I could make a figure 8 instead of two circles on top of each other. So I got really excited every time I had to write an "8". I also like 24 because I was born on November 24th and because 2 times 4 is 8.

17. I played Julius Caesar in a school play in 5th grade. I spend a lot of it lying on the stage.

18. I've recently become really interested in genealogy. I've been able to go pretty far back and learn some interesting things about both sides of my family.

19. My grandfather's uncle came in 4th place in the triple jump for Ireland in the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics.

20. The summer after 5th grade, I went to Washington DC with my parents and ran into my teacher from 1st and 2nd grade at the Vietnam Memorial. She moved to Maryland when I was in 3rd grade. I hadn't seen her in years. I was taller than her.

21. I've started doing a lot of Sudoku puzzles. I'm getting pretty good at them.

22. I'm in my last semester of seminary in Atlanta.

23. When I graduate, I'm moving to Austin, TX. I don't know what I'm going to do there yet.

24. I won 1st place in a Halloween costume contest in elementary school. I was a garden. It was pretty cool. I collected my candy in a watering can.

25. I love Taco Cabana. I hate Taco Bell. I've been told that I am a Mexican food snob. This comes from growing up in San Antonio.

No comments: