Monday, February 16, 2009

Presidential Leadership Survey

This website from c-span is really interesting.  I heard about this poll on NPR today, and was really interested by some of the rankings.  Finding Lincoln and Washington at the top was no surprise, but some of them were surprising.   I guess I should have guessed it since his face is etched on the side of a cliff in South Dakota, but I never realized how admired TR was.  Clearly, I need to brush up on some of my history.  There are some periods and some topics that I know quite well, but others that are rather unknown to me.  Maybe I'll have to watch the History Channel more often.  

It is also cool to see how the rankings changed in the last 8 years.  Some changed rather significantly.   It makes sense that people began to trust Clinton more since more time has passed since his administration.  It will be interesting to see if some of Bush's numbers improve over the next few decades.   I have a feeling I will be playing with this site for a few days...

No comments: