Here is my preliminary list:
- The remaining six Laura Ingalls Wilder books
- The whole Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- A Biography of Eleanor Roosevelt that has been on my shelf for years
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Cry, The Beloved Country by Allan Paton
- Middlemarch by George Elliot
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher and William Ury
- When Jesus Came to Harvard by Harvey Cox
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Gandhi: An Autobiography by...well, Gandhi!
- The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris
Now, of course, I probably won't read all of these, and will certainly read many others, but I like having a plan. I own most of these books already, which is a big plus. It will keep me reading without having to buy many more books.
What is on your reading list for the year? What books do I need to add?