Sunday, March 15, 2009

Selling Girl Scout Cookies Over the Internet?

Apparently, one girl scout tried to sell cookies over the internet, but it was eventually shut down.  Here's the story.  Many interesting issues here, not least of which is the girl scout's name: Wild Freeborn.  Very interesting!  But I don't know how I feel about this.  It's been a long time since I was selling cookies, but I bought a few boxes from a couple of girls in my Sunday School class this year.  I like knowing who I was either selling to or buying from.  But it sounds like this girl was going to personally deliver all the cookies, so that's something.  And it did seem like a good business model.  The Girl Scouts brought up the issue of safety, but going door to door always seemed way more scary to me.  Thoughts?  I was also intrigued by the "computer smarts" badge which simply requires visiting three websites.  Hmmmm.  But there certainly wasn't any sort of computer or cyber badge when I was a Brownie, so there is some progress!  Meanwhile, I think I'll go have a Tag-a-log.  Yummy!

No comments: