Thursday, September 3, 2009

Updates

Most Recent Read: L.M. Alcott: Signature of Reform, edited by Madeline B. Stern

I have been driving all over the state of Texas in the last week!  I went to visit my sister (a 3-hour drive) for a few days, and then drove back Sunday afternoon with my 3-year-old niece to attend my other niece's 4th birthday party in New Braunfels.  Then we spent the night in San Antonio and drove back to College Station on Monday.  Then I drove back to San Antonio on Tuesday morning, and then back out to New Braunfels Tuesday evening.  The reason for this little geography demonstration is to explain why I have been silent for a week.  I have also been having camera issues, but that's another story.

I have managed to get a great deal of reading done, and to acquire some new books.  I started and finished American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield, which my BFF, Katie, and I are reading for our online reading group.  I will be posting about it soon, and perhaps include some of our discussion.  

On my way back from College Station, I stopped at Half-Price Books in San Marcos to check out their collection.  There, I bought Little Men, Jo's Boys, L.M. Alcott: Signature of Reform, Real Homeschool Families, and a CD collection of poetry that is a companion to the Norton Anthology of Poetry.  I am starting to read the book about Louisa May Alcott, and it's great.  I look forward to revisiting her work in the next few weeks, and to reading more about her.  

I hope to catch up with some upcoming posts once I get organized and get some pictures together.

Here's a preview:

Curious George
_____ For Dummies books
Various organic and local food movement books
American Wife and online reading group
More about Louisa May Alcott
Long Overdue Interview with a Fellow BYW member, Alycia Wicker, about her lovely blog.
Julie and Julia: Book vs. Movie



No comments: