Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trying to Keep Up

It's been a long time again.  I seem to have fallen completely out of my blogging routine.  Things have been pretty busy, but really that's no excuse.  Tomorrow I am flying to Los Angeles for my cousin's wedding!  I hope to do some reading and riding on the plane.  In the last week, I read The Well-Trained Mind--I borrowed it from my sister who is home-schooling her son this year.  It's about home-schooling using the classical method of the Trivium.  The book was fascinating and gave me a lot of good ideas of books I want to read in the future.

I am at my sister's right now, we are going to drive to Dallas to fly out to Los Angeles tomorrow.  She showed me this delightful book catalog called: Bas Bleu.    I absolutely love it!  "Bas Bleu" is French for blue stocking-which means a a literary woman.  How wonderful is that?!?  It has wonderfully eclectic and obscure books.  I also found some lovely quotations about books and reading in its pages.  I'll add them later, because I'm about to teach my niece how to make friendship bracelets. 

1 comment:

Jessica Nichols said...

Bas bleu, who knew! Thanks for sharing, it fits in perfectly with my recent obsession with all things French. This is a departure from 10+ years of Italian obsession for me.