Friday, June 5, 2009

Fancy Nancy

I've been horribly neglectful of this blog.  Life has been crazier than I anticipated between looking for jobs, helping my mom get the house ready to sell, and visiting family and friends.  Right now I'm watching my niece and nephew for the weekend.  Last weekend, I was visiting my sister and her family.  Both family's include three-year-old girls, and they both enjoy Fancy Nancy.  I love these books as well.  The illustrations are incredibly detailed, and so clever and creative.  I read the same book to my niece, Katherine, over and over again, but each time I discovered something new in the pictures.  Like the title of the book she's holding on the cover page, or the fact that she used a broom and a mop to make her bed into a canopy (I still can't figure out how she rigged up that one).  They are fun to read, delightful to look and and wonderfully girly.   It's one of those books I wish they had when I was little!!  

Also, check out this fun conversation with the author and illustrator!  


1 comment:

Katie said...

I love Fancy Nancy! Tricia was telling me about them at my bachelorette party and I got really excited about the basic premise and talked about it all night in my giddy-tipsy state. Laura got me one for Christmas and it's awesome! I think it's the one where they get a dog. I'm going to have to re-read it tonight!