Thursday, June 11, 2009

Online Reading Group


This month, I am starting an online reading group with several friends from college who are scattered all over the place.  Our first pick is One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.  I was worried because I have had the book for over a year, but my copy is packed away with the rest of my stuff.  I didn't want to buy it again, but then I found it on my mom's book shelves!  I'm going to have to see what other gems are there before I leave!

Has anyone read it?  I think it was someone's favorite line from a few posts ago!  Has anyone ever participated in an online book group?  We are using a Ning social network, and so far it seems to be working pretty well.  I will keep you all updated on our progress!  We're hoping to discuss the book by the end of June.  

I'm excited to jump in and read it!  

2 comments:

Melissa A said...

This sounds like fun. I have never been in any kind of reading group, but I just watched the movie, Jane Austen's Book Club a few nights ago and thought how fun it would be to join a book club.

Caitlin said...

I loved Jane Austen's Book Club! Have you read the book as well? It's very good. Also, The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble. I enjoyed that one as well.

I know what you mean. I really want to have a flesh and bones book group as well. I had one with my sorority's alumnae association back in Atlanta and it was really fun! The internet variety is going to be good too I hope! Maybe we could have one on here as well. Anyone interested?